KAM Legal Framework
The Legal and Regulatory Department is involved in the legal affairs of the members and the administration of KAM.
The department is involved in the following activities:
- Review of legislation that affects manufacturers.
- Promote regulatory compliance by organizing regular sensitization forums and meetings with relevant regulatory agencies in partnership with relevant KAM Units.
- Engage the East Africa Legislative Assembly on EAC issues that affect manufacturers.
- Engage national and county governments on regulatory matters affecting the manufacturing sector.
- Participate and engage manufacturers on constitutional implementation in Kenya.
- Developing position papers on issues affecting the manufacturing sector.
- Formulating and pursuing advocacy plans.
We also work with other stakeholders, including:
- The Judiciary (Business Court Users Committee).
- Kenya Magistrates and Judges Association.
- Government Agencies: KRA, KIPI, ACA, and KEBS.
- The County Assembly
- The unit is also engaged in the legal issues affecting KAM as an institution.