Legal Framework & Policies
The KAM Legal and Regulatory Unit, provides the following support:
- Review of legislation that affect members. We create awareness of legislation or bills still in parliament, by reviewing and circulating the summaries of legislation to members.
- We promote regulatory compliance by organizing regular sensitization forums and meetings with relevant regulatory agencies in partnership with relevant KAM Units to keep KAM members informed on regulatory changes.
- Engage the East Africa Legislative Assembly on EAC issues that affect KAM members.
- Engage national and county governments on regulatory matters affecting KAM members.
- Participate and engage KAM members on constitutional implementation in Kenya.
- Offer support on legal and regulatory issues affecting their businesses by developing position papers.
- Supporting KAM members in formulating and pursuing advocacy plans.
- Key stakeholders include:
- Judiciary on the Business Court Users Committee
- Kenya Magistrates and Judges Association, KRA, KIPI, ACA and KEBS, BRS.
- The County Assembly Forum to create avenues of engaging with when it comes to county legislation.
- We work with the KAM Chapters and Sectors in reviewing legislation and present memorandums to both the county and national government.
- The unit is also engaged in the legal issues affecting KAM as an institution, these include Dispute resolution and litigation, legal compliance and interpretation of legal documents.
For more information: email@example.com