KAM Legal Framework
The legal and Regulatory Department is involved in the legal affairs of the members and the administration of KAM. The department is involved in the following activities:
- Review of legislation that affect members. We come up with memorandums with proposals on the legislation that affect members. In addition to that we create awareness of recent legislation or bills still in parliament, by circulating the summaries and reviews of legislation to members. We also have engagements with East Africa Legislative Assembly on EAC issues that affects our members
- We engage different government agencies like ministries on issues that affect members.
- We also work with other stakeholders:
- Judiciary on the Business Court Users Committee
- Kenya Magistrates and Judges Association with coming up with the commercial law guide book. Here we also engaged KRA, KIPI, ACA and KEBS.
- The County Assembly Forum to create avenues of engaging with when it comes to county legislation.
- We work with the chapters sectors with KAM in assisting them review legislation and present memorandums to the county officials and government officials
- The unit is also engaged in the legal issues affecting KAM as an institution, this include court case, legal compliance, review of legal documents that affect KAM.